Region 70 Playoff Rules
A summary of significant playoff rules for the U10, U12 and U14 divisions:
- Regular season rules remain in effect unless otherwise specified.
- The 3/4 play rule remains in effect: no player may play the whole game unless every player plays at least three quarters.
- The goalkeeper restriction is waived: players may play more than two quarters in goal. (Note - this does not change the application of the 3/4 rule).
- In the event of a tie, there will be two 5-minute overtime periods after regulation time. Substitutions are permitted, but not required at the outset of each overtime period (i.e., the 3/4 play rule has no effect in overtime periods). The full amount of both overtime periods is played, regardless of scoring; there is no 'golden goal.'
- Rules for kicks from the mark follow standard procedure: five players must be chosen by the coach; teams alternate kicks; if the score is tied after five kicks, the teams alternate kicks until a winner is determined. (Note 1: only players who are in the game at the end of time are eligible to participate in kicks from the mark; Note 2: any eligible player may be the goalkeeper for kicks).